Thursday, June 19, 2008

FEATURED ARTIST - Pauseability

I don't know about you, but I never quite know what will make me laugh or smile on any given day. Today it was an Uber Salad. Maybe it's because I'm reminded of a favorite Seinfeld episode about "The Big Salad", maybe it's because I truly appreciate the perfect salad, especially when I don't have to make it. But I think it's because I just love the word "uber". What can I say, I'm of German descent.

This uber salad is actually a pin, made the etsy shop Pausability. The best thing about this salad is you can wear it every day and it never goes bad. And if you don't feel like talking in a restaurant, you could just point at your pin and the wait person should get the idea. Really the possibilities are endless.

Yesterday I had a chance to convo with Moses, the artist and owner of Pauseability and get to know him a little better. Yes HIM (yay!). His shop is filled with beautiful and varied items from ACEOs to clay creations and cards. I hope you enjoy meeting him as much as I did...

How did you come to sell on etsy?

Last year, I started a brick and mortar shop called Pauseability which provides the space and materials for folks to pause and try out something creative. This also gave me the opportunity to craft. At the encouragement of my customers, I finally decided to put some of the things I made on sale on etsy.

I see you are in Singapore, are you from there originally or just living there now? And if you weren't living in Singapore, where would you like to live?

I was born and bred in Singapore. Japan is another place that I think I would enjoy living in.

What's your favorite thing from your shop?

Green with Envie (see right). I like the idea behind it (a whole book of envelopes), the fact that it is almost fully recycled and also its pun-ny name.

What's the next thing you plan on crafting?

A recipe journal - something practical but with little whimsical touches that has to do with cooking. Ideas are most welcomed. :)

If you could time travel to any time in history or future, when would you choose and why?

Can I be greedy and ask to be able to travel through time at will? Each experience will be such an eye-opener and so inspiring, just like when we get to visit a new place on a tour.

Thanks Moses for taking the time to chat and sharing your work! You can find Pausability at the following locations....

Brick and Mortar – http://www.pauseability.com.sg/

7 comments:

Momo said...

Thank you so much for the honour of being featured.

This has certainly made my day!

Art for Hair said...

Really interesting feature and you both have great shops!

Unknown said...

I just recently discovered Etsy. So many talented folk out there. I was looking for vintage aprons. You don't happen to make those do you? ;-)

T.Allen said...

Great feature, I didn't know Pauseability was a guy either! Little things like that make us XX-overdosed Etsians happy! Nice work Moses!

Rosebud Collection said...

What a nice interview..Neat things she makes and very creative..

Kelly Drill said...

Cool feature and great seller!

Callooh Callay said...

What a great idea for a shop--especially wonderful for people who don't have their own space to create or just need to get away!