Thursday, May 28, 2009

One of Those Days

UGH! Ever have one of those days where you are just down in the dumps for no really good reason, just general disappointment about your perfectly good life? I mean, I'm really lucky. I have a great husband (who sometimes doesn't get me), two kids, lots of friends, we are all healthy, have a roof over our heads, etc. So why am I discontent?

Then throw in some rainy, cold, gray weather, add a mix of crossed wires that results missing out on lunch with my husband, and BOOM = I'm sitting in my car in a puddle of tears.

Am I having a mid-life crisis?

Probably. But that's so trite. All I know is today I'm not happy and I've been restless for a while. I want to shake off the things that I hate about myself, and move forward to new challenges. Trouble is......I don't have the slightest clue what kind of challenge I want. Enter frustration.

I don't even know why I'm writing this down. I don't know that it will be read by anyone but me (hopefully down the road from a very different vantage point). But here it is.

Sorry to leave you with what is a sort of depressing state of mind. But at the same time there's some hope in feeling this way because I guess it means some sort of change is coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( that sounds sad. I think lots of people can relate though. I bet when the sun comes out, you'll feel MUCH better... can you start a garden? Even a small one??? If you haven't already, you can do that with your kids...

Diary of a Young Designer said...

I can completely relate to you. I feel the same way sometimes, actually I feel like that right now. But I try to look at the bright side of things, there is always a challenge waiting to surpassed, and there are always things that you'd want to do, just listen at that little voice inside.

xo
Sophie