About three weeks ago I made this post Thinking Ahead to Summer. In it I outlined some of our family plans for the summer, but also some of my own short-term goals. Sadly, I'm not doing as well at focusing on these things as I'd like, but at least I'm making some progress. Here's an update....
1. Make something totally girly for myself - Hmmm.....well I have a lot of fabric I've purchased and ideas in my head.
2. Have a spa day - Uh, yeah. I've now had to reschedule one planned spa day three times over a three-week span due to general life craziness! Maybe in September when the kids are back in school! Today I think I'll paint my toenails though.....they need some attention.
3. Derive some enjoyment out of cooking again - I'm making an effort in this area. I think the trouble is I'm just not loving my kitchen much these days. I don't have enough storage space and my husband's project of moving the washer & dryer OUT so I could have a pantry has come to a screeching halt. But I have been baking a bit and made a few nice dinners. Not sure I can say I've "enjoyed" it though.......sigh....
4. Paint my toenails - This should be easy right? Last time I did it was Memorial weekend, red, white & blue. That has got to go!
5. Pet my cat more -- CHECK!
6. Get my but out of bed for an early morning walk - Um.....what am I thinking? When is my 4yo going to finally sleep through the night consistently? When will I stop being such a night owl. I am working on this....truly I am.
7. Listen to more music at home -- CHECK! No TV on makes this much easier. Pandora I LUVS YOU!
8. Enjoy the moments of peace and quiet more - CHECK! Ahhh...no TV on. Even my kiddos are playing better together. Who knew?!?
9. Surprise one of my friends with something completely unexpected. - must.do.soon...must.do.soon
10. Lose five pounds (isn't this always on my list?) - Well, since Monday I've been eating better. Except for that strawberry rhubarb pie I made for my husband's birthday yesterday.
I'll keep on, keeping on!
Do you have any short-term goals you want to share?